C-Suite outreach wins ⭐

Share all your C-Suite outreach wins here.

It’d be great to include:

• Specific outreach examples (like email excerpts, conversation recaps)
  • Timeline overview
  • Key milestones

(the wins you share can be big… or small)

Took 18 months of nurturing the CMO of a large B2B Tech company via countless emails, phone calls, Linkedin messages and hand-written direct mail to land a meeting with the CMO that later turned into a very significant deal for the company. It’s a good reminder that being persistent while providing valuable content will ultimately pay off.

2 Likes

I sent one email to a CRO at a Fortune 500 company that led to a meeting with one of his direct reports and ultimately a six-figure deal. It was a relatively simple yet effective message centered around how we can help solve their revenue growth challenges and included a quote from their CEO as well.

1 Like

What would you say was the magic moment that led to the turning point? What specifically would you say landed the meeting?

Would love to see what the message looked like if you’re open to sharing? That’s a rarity to connect with someone at that level with 1 email, so I’d love to see how you structured it, and what you focused on that resonated with she/he.

3 Likes

Hey Nino, I’ve included the message I sent below. Hope this is helpful!

NAME,

Over the past year to June ‘22, PROSPECT has seen impressive revenue growth of $511M (8.9%). To meet investor expectations, PROSPECT will need to increase revenues by $994.1M (6.9%), in each of the next three years.

During the Moffett Nathanson Summit in May ‘22, C-LEVEL EXEC spoke about the huge barriers of entry into global eCommerce and enterprise markets as a whole, citing sticky solution sets as a primary example.

Databook enables GTM teams to overcome barriers by mapping use cases to financial pain points and management priorities and then surfacing the most relevant solution for that customer - easing the burden of entry and simplifying the transition period.

Microsoft, Salesforce, and Databricks leverage the Databook platform to over 35,000 enterprise sellers, resulting in:

• +2.5x Avg. Deal Size

• +2.65x Pipeline Increase

• +4.3% Conversion Rates

When would you be available for a 15 min discussion on how Databook can help PROSPECT exceed revenue expectations?

7 Likes

That’s a great looking email, @jesse.palmer :star:

@nino.buccilla Curious about your thoughts on the example!

Thanks, Jesse! Great email :+1:

3 Likes

Great e-mail. One thing I have been trying is adding a link to my calendar giving them an immediate oppty to book time rather than ask for 15 mins. I have had some success.

1 Like

Hi Greg, are you using calendly? I’ve been thinking about doing the same.

Hello @amy.tsao.demmler,

We actually use Outreach and their calendaring system. Side note, I do all my e-mails in Outreach so I can track opens and clicks. It is far from perfect but at least there is comfort in knowing someone is at least seeing my e-mail.

1 Like

Haven’t used this process improvement yet, though I will be bringing my current xVP contacts into the loop. Most of my current relationships are with xVP levels and cannot outreach to CxO without their sponsorship or awareness.

Great insights here…
Build a cadence that is centered around the customer’s POV. Let them know that their business is important to you and a priority for your success. Solving their problems is something that you actually care about…less sales and more partnership.

1 Like

I haven’t read the earlier posts so sorry if this has already been suggested: use humor!

I recently wrote to a prospective CIO ending with “And congrats on landing the deal with Rolls Royce, can’t wait to see y’all rock up in a Phantom next time”.

1 Like

I was engaged in a very large deal with and FSI firm for their core data lake. Competition was hand in glove with a key commercial banking exec and got him to champion their solutions by adding sweeteners to the deal. I had to counter it with an equally strong or higher up exec. I reached to the strategy and innovation head and got him on a key early adopter list for a new product. Thanks fully a quick poc bore fruit and he championed our cause directly to the CEO and opened up a new funding route. It all started with a simple reach out on likedin talking about a revolutionary product and 5 competitive advantages it will give the FSI against their closest competitor:)

Great email Jesse!

1 Like

its fantastic to know

We have recorded impressive revenue growth.

1 Like